Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh, dear

Oh, goodness. Oh, dear.

It has been a long time, hasn't it?

Oh, dear.

Well, I guess the sheer truth is that I've been avoiding the blog. Because I've had nothing to write about! No exciting dishes have been created in my pots! I can't afford fine Philadelphia dining! Its November--and, besides kale and brussels sprouts, I don't like a lot of the winter harvest. Certainly not winter squash. Yuck.

And now its almost Thanksgiving. What happened to November?

Anyway, last week, amid tequila-filled nights and Madonna in concert, I ate chicken 3 times. 3 different ways. Well, 3 different recipes.

1) My roommate made a very garlicky roast chicken on monday night. I topped off the meal with my own garlicky spaghetti aglio e olio.

2) Wednesday night, I got suddenly served a truly delicious and beautifully simple salad. Spinach and tomatoes, all topped with nicely sauteed chicken. My friend PT made it. My thoughts at the time (before tequila happened) was "Why don't I do this???"

3) My dear GF's birthday was on Friday. My roommate and I made a dinner fit for a 20 year old. I made my own roast chicken, with a butter-thyme-rosemary rub under the skin. It was great. Succulent, moist. The leftovers went into a dish with penne and red peppers. I love leftovers.

Well, as noted, Thanksgiving is ALMOST here, and its my favorite holiday, so I'm sure I'll have something to say about that. And then? Who knows. It'll be December.

1 comment:

cmoore said...

One of the things I love about so many of your posts is your appreciation for simple (culinary) beauty. It's a good reminder for me...

xox.