Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rhubarb Request

Hello, dear readers.

The other day at the farmer's market, I impulsively bought 4 beautiful, long, ruby stalks of rhubarb.

I have no idea what to do with it.

i know I could make pie, but I have neither enough rhubarb nor strawberries nor patience for pie crust right now. Anyway, pie is awfully obvious, isn't it?

Do you have any suggestions? I think it'd be interesting to make something savory, but I don't really know what. Please, please, please comment with ideas? Don't let the rhubarb go in vain!!!!

2 comments:

cmoore said...

I, sadly, have no inspiration for savory rhubarb dishes. However, I can think of a few non-pie options if you are so inclined, including rhubarb muffins; rhubarb sauce or chutney (!!!); rhubarb-apple cobbler; or rhubarb preserves. Do let me know what the decision is...

weezaleez said...

http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/recipe-index.html

for your perusal

:)