Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Plans

Well, it has been just under a month since I last posted. Two jobs and life got in the way a bit. Now, I'm back to one job and turning my attention to other things...such as this blog.

I started this blog for a couple of reasons. One, I enjoyed eating and talking about food with my friend Perrin (my other counterpart who mostly dropped out of this blog). Two, I had been wishing to write more for some time. Most of my writing in the past years has been academic, and I have no hand for fiction. So I thought I'd try this as a different medium. Finally, I wanted to use this blog as a source of motivation and inspiration for my cooking and other culinary adventures.

Thus far, I'm not sure it is working. I have mostly ignored the restaurants that I've been eating at recently, and also the assorted Philadelphia foods that I enjoy. I've been writing a lot, but actually not cooking as much as I'd like.

I have some plans rolling around my head, though, to remedy this. I think I have taken a very haphazard approach to teaching myself how to cook. I think I might try for a more balanced and logical approach--I think I might start centering more on cuisines and styles than on random recipes that have caught my eye (though a fair amount of that will probably remain). I also want to push myself to research more--use this brain and college degree for good. We'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I greatly appreciate your patience and kindness and attention. I'll be back with a post soon :)

No comments: